Ed is a thirty year trial lawyer veteran who has tried over 120 jury cases to verdict.
In his practice, Ed is regularly called upon in the pre-trial stage of a case to enter an appearance and take the lead as first chair at trial. He often serves as national trial counsel and regional trial counsel defending clients in “Bet the Company” litigation, commercial litigation, insurance litigation and coverage, products liability, and manufacturing and sales defects cases.
Ed’s client base includes insurance carriers, manufacturers and suppliers, engineering and construction companies, healthcare providers and facilities, and highway contractors and paving companies.
Ed is an Advocate Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a by invitation only membership for experienced trial lawyers, and has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer designation.
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (1985)
- B.A., University of Alabama (1981)
- American Bar Association, Fellow
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Secretary, Southeastern Chapter (2015)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers, "Lawyer of the Year," Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Mobile, Alabama (2017)
- Best Lawyers in America, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Construction, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants (2010-2017)
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Insurance Coverage (2008-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Insurance Coverage (2016)
- The Nature Conservancy
- Mobile Botanical Gardens
- Past President of the Board of Family Counseling Center of Mobile